Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Paper Correspondence

Have I mentioned that I have a sweet spot for stationery? Over the years I have collected a fine array of postcards, notecards, paper and pens. They manifest as advertising media, holograms, B-grade films, designer ranges, patterned prints, stickers, felt, flocking and even cigarette tins (which probably doesn't count I guess).

Such a copious stash it has become. So much so that in these days of electronic messaging I do not think I could ever get through it while simultaneously maintaining my happy collecting. Last night at some strange and restless hour I decided to send them out to my dearest friends and family with little messages. I am not signing them yet, but would not be surprised if they guessed the author at Missive One.

So today I took the puppy for a walk, visited the post office and bought a score of stamps to send my first cards. Perhaps I should keep a little visual log here to remember my little paper darlings.

If you would like one, I would love to hear from you.

Contact me at pettichrome@gmail.com with your address and I will pop one in the mail.

But be quick, I am soon to be drawn back into the vortex of dedication. I have only a few weeks of frivolity left, and I would not want anyone to miss out.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

** I love it when you message me! **