Monday, March 7, 2011

Sing a Song of Sixpence

My cousin recently imparted a wonderful aphorism: the only thing worse than a bad decision is no decision at all. Of course that is not always correct, but after being away from my blog and having no entries for so long I hope I can apply it in principle ...

I really should be spending my time reading, as university is back in full swing. I have only 13 texts this semester, but much reading none-the-less. (This is much better than my first semester in first year, when I had 21, one of which was War and Peace.) Instead I have been filling my obligations in preparation for house hunting as I am finally hoping to buy my very first home on my lonesome. I am so looking forward to it.

But unfortunately there is some pricking of my thumbs and with it wickedness this way comes. I really should have a damn good down payment on my teeny-tiny house, but someone is withholding access to my funds. There is manipulation afoot, but even though I am trying to be as fair and graceful as I can, it does not seem as if equanimity has its rewards. I could adopt the same position as my opponent, but I do not like the method of their dealings, so I am thinking of letting my solicitor take the said person out for a good shaking. Somehow that seems a bit awful. Quibbling over money is such an ugly thing, but they are being so mean!

Between university and home(s) over the next few months I am sure to feel like a blackbird baked in a pie. I am looking forward to when all this crustiness will be opened so I can begin to sing.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

** I love it when you message me! **