Monday, May 23, 2011

Great Unexpectations

Sometimes we are so pleasantly surprised. It comes when we least expect it. It can be all one's wishes come true. Or a happy hiatus. I certainly do not mind.

These last years, and months especially, have been strange and wild. They have been conducive to radical and often uncomfortable change. I have looked to friends and relatives for support and met with a dearth on so many sides. It has been surprising and devastating. So when I found something precious, I wanted to hold onto it. Naturally perhaps. But ironically not always successful.

I have worked consistently at everything that was important and that I loved. And I have had to relinquish almost all of it. But my university grades, and my integrity I have retained. So little and so much.

So now, when I have been given something so unexpected, and so beautiful, I find it difficult to believe.

Strange and beautiful. Even if it is only for a short time, one is so very grateful.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

** I love it when you message me! **