Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bass Guitars and Beauty

I had been ill for a long time. I was bedridden and had not eaten for a about a week.

My favourite musicians were playing at a cosy venue. I put on the beautiful blue dress I had sewn myself, it is dark blue shot with tiny ultramarine flowers, my first petticoat, and let my hair out around my shoulders.

It was a magnificent evening. They played every song I loved. And then something unexpected happened. The bassist knelt down in front of me and played a whole song, telling me things I could not hear over the tenor of his guitar. And then, at the encore, he took an armful of flowers which garlanded the stage, and showered them all over me.

Sometimes beautiful things happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

** I love it when you message me! **